Extensive senior management experience, local and global, in the highly competitive toys and games industry, including managing businesses in Ireland, UK, Spain and USA. Senior Vice -President of Manufacturing for Hasbro Inc responsible for Hasbro owned manufacturing in addition to third party production in international locations other than China. Some achievements:
- Developed and continually remodelled the Irish Plant to ensure its competitiveness over 25 years while 7 other competing Plants closed.
- Managed Plants in USA , UK and Spain -ranging in size from 300 to 1000 employees
- Successfully implemented competiveness programmes-Restructuring, Technology and Productivity -in different countries and culture.
- Identified and developed new business opportunities (within Hasbro and externally) to broaden the business base and increase profitability.
- Technology-successfully managed the conflicting requirements to reduce labour costs through automation (and productivity programmes) versus the continuing change in product and processes.
- Supply Chain initiatives-reducing speed to Market and playing to the strengths of domestic manufacturing.
- Managed the closure of a number of European Plants on schedule/budget while minimising PR impact for Hasbro
- Successfully delivered the aggressive change programme required to maintain competitiveness without any strike action over 25 years.
- Member of Waterford Harbour Board during the period of the building of new Container Port at Belferry; Member of Waterford Airport Board during its initial growth phase; Chairman of Tramore Failte during the development of the Splashworld facility and many other business and community involvement activities.
English and Spanish
BComm, Fellow of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA), Diploma in IT.
E: Patrick @patrickgilhooly.com